Good Morning Innovation Pioneers, This Blog Post includes links to videos where four Irish Companies tell the story of their Innovation Engineering Journey. The VIDEOS ARE VALUABLE to watch and share with your team as they will help you understand that YOU ARE NOT ALONE. The accents are different - however the challenges they face and the solutions that work are the same the world over.
These Irish companies have the same mindset that you have on innovation!
• These are the kinds of companies you want to partner with.
• These are the kinds of companies you want to collaborate with.
If you have technologies or capabilities that can help the IRISH companies contact me and I'll connect you.
If they have technologies or capabilities that can you use to help you grow contact me and I'll connect you.
The companies are coached by the longest and most loyal member of the Innovation Engineering movement - Matrix Business Growth Consultants of Glasgow Scotland. (www.matrixuk.com) Matrix became involved when Graeme Crombie, Matrix partner, came to the Eureka! Ranch May 8, 2001. It continued with a test event on December 5, 2001 at Turnberry Scotland. 2001. On May 20 and 21, 2002 the very first program for Small Businesses in Europe was lead by Maggie Nichols and myself at Troon in Scotland. Since then Graeme and his expert team have lead hundreds of projects.
Last year, the UK and Irish Governments jointly sponsored an Acceleration and Coaching Pilot Program for 10 Irish SME's through the InterTradeIreland Agency. (www.intertradeireland.com), The program is called the “Challenge Program.” It utilizes the same Innovation Engineering training, tools and systems used around the world.
The program has been a success and is now being expanded in 2013 to more companies. Graeme described the results:
Pasted below are a set of links to videos where the companies tell their stories.
Click here for QUICK VIDEO OVERVIEW of InterTradeIreland Challenge Programme 2012. The video blends testimonials from a collection of companies.
1. Clada Group, Ballinfoile, Co. Galway, Ireland Clada is an independent contract bottler and creator of innovative soft drinks. Since its founded in 1962, Clada has consistently produced the highest quality products for some of the largest national retailers in Ireland and also manufactures a range of regional own brands in both glass and PET formats.
“In the past innovation was left to one or two people now many more are involved and all are bought in to the process. We now have a system that is sustaining innovation in the company – in the past it was just sporadic.” Ursula Owens, Company Director
What to watch for:
2. CDE Global, Cookstown, Co. Tyrone, Northern Ireland CDE Global design and manufacture washing equipment for use in quarries, mines and recycling operations. Innovation is key to the success that the company has enjoyed to date and our involvement on the Challenge program is about ensuring that our reputation for innovation and excellence is maintained as we continue to grow our operations throughout the world.
“The programme came at exactly the right time for us and has given us a solid, structured process that we’re using as our core innovation method. We’re confident that this will deliver our innovation targets in due course. We’d have no hesitation recommending the programme especially for companies in similar circumstances looking for effective structured approaches to innovation.” Kevin Vallelly, R&D Manager
What to watch for:
3. Fast Engineering Ltd, Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland
Fast Engineering has manufactured the innovative range of FASTANK ® liquid storage containers since 1981. FASTANKs are used by major oil companies, oil spill responders, fire & rescue services and Aid Relief agencies throughout the world. The multi-purpose FASTANKs are used in over 100 countries from the cold of the Arctic to the heat of the desert.
“Our product has been developed to the point of being market ready in a shorter time frame than normal. The good thing is we now have a process which we have confidence in.” Carson Mulholland, General Manager CLICK TO VIEW FAST ENGINEERING VIDEO What to watch for:
4. T.E. Lab Video Testimonial - CLICK TO VIEW
If you want to connect with Irish companies - please contact the Ranch team and we will facilitate introductions.