Each Wednesday the Innovation Engineering Institute team publishes three to six Spark Deck® slides designed to ignite fresh ideas. This weeks slides include:
- Future Mining: On a mega shift in demographics that is bigger then you could ever imagine.
- Wisdom Mining: Hard data on a strategy that is 380% More impactful than the classic approach
- Market Mining: On how Health Care is reinventing itself and you could use the same approach to help your organization.
BACKGROUND on Spark Decks© and Stimulus Response®: As we teach in Innovation Engineering training courses research by the IE Institute team finds that creativity and innovation is not random. You can increase the number of ideas you generate by a factor of 10 and the number of validated BIG IDEAS by a factor of 6. The three principles are:
- Explore STIMULUS - Stimulus sets off a chain reaction of free associations that spark fresh ideas.
- Leverage DIVERSITY - When different people, interact with stimulus and each other an exponential increase in fresh ideas is ignited.
- Drive Out FEAR: Fear of failure kills free associating. To be successful it must be replaced with a sense of curiosity, experimentation and exploration in a Fail FAST Fail CHEAP way.
Spark Decks translate insights from the six fields of Stimulus Mining (Patent, Wisdom, Market, Insight, Future and Unrelated) into an easy to use format. The slides contain a DISRUPTIVE Fact deigned to engage fresh ideas - and a set of DIVERGENT prompts designed to ignite fresh thoughts. The slides are made available for downloading - allowing you to customize the divergent prompts and to edit the slides.
Here’s a quick slide viewer for this weeks slides:
Future Mining: The shift in generations from Boomers to Millennials is big and getting bigger. This slide brings to life the difference in a way that disrupts thinking. Quite simply, the world is going to change and change faster than we think. Every organization needs to be thinking about this today.
Wisdom Mining: Building loyalty to our product, our service our cause is something that everyone desires. While there are exceptions - in general, the research indicates that it is far more impactful to grow the amount paid, given, donated per occasion than trying to grow the number of times people give. In effect, super size does work. How can you package your offering to fulfill more of the needs of your customers.
Market Mining: The medical world is undergoing massive transformation. Note - this is due in large part to the Future Mining trend of older and older Baby Boomers. They are finding win win innovations such as telemedicine, self diagnosis, electronic records and activating pricing shopping is making an impact. How could you "Borrow Brilliance" and apply what they are doing to your world?
Good Luck - igniting fresh ideas!